Skala Rachoni

Home Go-Thassos Comments

Skala Rachoni

Go-Thassos WebsiteGo-Thassos Website Administrator Posts: 2,286
edited July 2013 in Go-Thassos Comments

Comments

• Go-Thassos WebsiteGo-Thassos Website Administrator Posts: 2,286
    Hi everyone. Feel free to post a comment or write a review about Skala Rachoni. Enjoy! smilies/grin.gif

Imported Comment from previous version Go-Thassos.gr

• By: Go-Thassos.gr Webmaster
    • On: 28 August 2008 at 11:21am
    It looks like Paradise. I want to visit Skala Rachonismilies/cheesy.gif

• By: Karen
    • On: 21 November 2008 at 11:17am
    23 days till I'm there again! smilies/smiley.gif

• By: M
    • On: 23 February 2009 at 9:09am
    smilies/smiley.gif
    Hallo iedereen.

Graag wil ik vertellen dat wij al een aantal keren in Thassos zijn geweest. We hebben er genoten van de rust en het mooie landschap. Weinig toeristen en veel mooi weer, lieve mensen en veel te zien. Mooie berg tochten gelopen een geweldige ervaring.Zouden er wel willen wonen.gaan zeker weer terug naar dit eiland. Een auto gehuurd gaat geweldig goed je rijd op een dag het eiland rond.Mooie blauwe zee. Geweldige baaien leuk om te zwemmen en te snorkelen.
    Heerlijk Grieks eten leuke tavernes en ga zo maar door.Goed om te fietsen lopen zonnen zwemmen.
    leuke boot tochten maken rond het eiland.Ga zelf maar eens kijken en proef de goede sfeer die daar is.

Een groet van Wim en Ria Hazenbroek

• By: Ria
    • On: 8 March 2009 at 9:06am
    hiya the beaches and hotels look stunning, im going in may can't wait. Are there many places to eat?

• By: jodie
    • On: 25 March 2009 at 6:53am
    Hi, we are due in Thassos may 24 for 2 weeks, staying @ Mediterranean Apartments Skala Rahoni.~ anybody been there?..if so any recommendations for eating etc?
    Also does anyone know if it is easy to exchange Pounds Sterling.. & what exchange rate we can get over there (after commission etc)?
    Can't wait!!! been to many of the other Greek Islands but this will be our first visit to Thassos.

• By: Phil
    • On: 3 May 2009 at 1:42pm
    Hi Phil

I'm off to Mediterrean Apartments this Sunday will be first time to this island. will let you know on my return.

• By: Dave
    • On: 7 May 2009 at 8:01am
    Scala Rachoni and Pachis are stunning. The whole strech of the coast is full of quaint taverna's and bars. You can walk the whole stretch right up to Prinos if you are feeling energetic, it's worth it. Great taverna's Glifoneri,Pefkospilia, Gorgona and many more but these are my favourites along that coastline.

• By: Gardenia
    • On: 10 May 2009 at 7:33am
    Off to Thassos for the third time at the end of May. Will be staying at the Meditteranean in Skala Rachoni where we stayed twice before. We love the apartments, the location, the staff and if our holiday is as perfect as it has been before then we will be falling in love with beautiful Thassos all over again smilies/grin.gif

• By: Heather
    • On: 14 May 2009 at 5:31am
    wonderful beach
    good food and wine at restaurant with marvel terrace
    nice staff too

• By: Ra Senix
    • On: 28 May 2009 at 7:09am
    Visit "Kostas Taverne " on the Beach between Skala Rachoni and Prinos!smilies/smiley.gifsmilies/smiley.gifsmilies/smiley.gif
    Very good Food, Kosta is a very friendly Men and his Wife Kiki cook the best Papouzaki, Mousaka, Pastizio and don't forget the fresh grilled Fish.smilies/wink.gifsmilies/wink.gifsmilies/wink.gifsmilies/wink.gifsmilies/wink.gifsmilies/wink.gif

• By: Volker
    • On: 5 June 2009 at 12:59am
    We asked for a quite Greek island where we could relax and that's what we got. Our holiday started the moment we came out of the airport as our suitcases were put on a lorry and taken to our apartment. So we could enjoy the ferry ride over to the island with only our hand luggage to worry about. Staying at the Mediterranean apartments was lovely right on the beach. Sitting out on the balcony talking to our neighbours gave for a friendly atmosphere.

The few local Tavernas to choose from all very friendly, Gekas has a modern feel to it but the food is excellent and would recommend the local fish and portions are slightly larger than the other Tavernas.

If self catering, there is a large Supermarket on the main road between Skala Rachoni and Prinos. If you fancy a walk along the beach you can reach Prinos have lunch in a Taverna watching the ferries come in and walk back or get a bus.

For 1.40€ you can get a bus into Thassos Town, but watch the times as if you plan to stay late you may need to get a Taxi back. Or hire a car locally arranged through the apartments or contact the local firm in Prinos and see more of the Island you can drive around it in 2 Hours so plenty of time to explore.

• By: Dave
    • On: 8 June 2009 at 6:12am
    smilies/cool.gif bags are packed, labels attached and euros in pocket... this time tomorrow family Nufaro will be in Skala Rachoni.... been waiting a whole 12 months for our holiday and been nearly five years since our last visit to beautiful Thassos... Nufaro junior will be celebrating her 13th birthday there on the 20th August and she can't wait to spend her b'day day in the pool and feeling the sand beneath her toes...

Will "try" to send you all some sunshine over from us to you.... HAPPY HOLIDAYS to everyone xx

L & R (love and respect)

Nufaro smilies/wink.gif xx

• By: Nufaro
    • On: 15 August 2009 at 8:24am
    Hi, we booked yesterday to go to Thassos (Mediterranean) next year. I've read there are a lot of jelly fish and wasps so I'm a bit dubious,although it all looks beautiful and we've been to Greece a few times, we haven't been to Thassos, only Stoupa in the Peloponnese and Zakynthos. Can anyone tell me how bad the jelly fish and wasp situation is please? I do like to have a paddle in the sea and I'm not too keen on wasps if they fly around you. Many thanks.

• By: Pam
    • On: 16 September 2009 at 7:30am
    Hi everyone. Glad you all seemed to enjoy your holidays on Thassos island, and especially the Skala Rachoni area.
    If you love the island and Skala Rachoni, Prinos, Pachis etc, please try this link below.

http://www.shop-ellas.com/members/a00170/

and visit: www.livingthethassosdream.com

The studio is ideal for couples who like the beach and night life, but also like to have the added benefit of peace and quiet 'away from it all' when you need to enjoy those relaxing times away from the hustle and bustle.

Steve and Debbie

• By: Steve
    • On: 4 October 2009 at 1:25pm
    Hi everyone,

We visited Skala Rahoni 4 years ago and fell in love with the whole island, we've just booked again for the end of June this year - can't wait!

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good, competitively priced car hire company, the ones we have seen on some of the websites are quite expensive.

The last time we visited our hotel arranged everything for us, but we don't want to leave it until we arrive and then miss out on seeing all of the island if there are no suitable cars available.

Thanks to anyone who can help,

Donna & Martin.

• By: Donna & Martin
    • On: 1 February 2010 at 2:56pm
    Hello everyone smilies/smiley.gif

I've also decided to go on Thassos on holiday.
    And I have a question. I'll by in Skala Rachoni are there any discos or sth like that cause I'm not intend to rest only smilies/wink.gif

Thx for ansewer

• By: Ika
    • On: 28 May 2010 at 9:47am
    smilies/smiley.gifGolden beach two years ago this year skala Rachoni can't wait !

• By: kitty
    • On: 16 February 2011 at 12:25pm
    If you arrive to Skala Rachoni don't miss the harbour tavern! Great traditional food and adorable people. Marvelous sunsets also !

• By: Didi
    • On: 25 June 2011 at 5:04am
    Does anyone know of any naturist secluded sandy beach within walking distance or short cycle from Agios Georgios Village or Rachoni Village? Thanking you.

• By: Lum
    • On: 26 May 2012 at 4:35am
    The only official nudist beach on Thassos that I know about is Paradise Beach. You could always find a small secluded beach with no people and turn it into one! smilies/smiley.gif

• By: kat
    • On: 30 May 2012 at 11:10am
  • Emily DeanEmily Dean Member Posts: 1
    Absolutely fabulous holiday! Quiet, beautiful beaches, lovely food, friendly people, very clean defiantly the best holiday.