Live Webcam at Golden Beach, Thassos - Page 8

Home Go-Thassos Comments

Live Webcam at Golden Beach, Thassos

Comments

• Go-Thassos WebsiteGo-Thassos Website Administrator Posts: 2,286
    Congratulations on passing 100,000 visits! You have done one heck of a fine job with your EarthCam in less than one year. I raise a glass of Metaxa to you!

Imported Comment from previous version Go-Thassos.gr

• By: Sir PJ
    • On: 30 May 2009 at 12:54pm
    @Ton_majstor

1. i tried to send a link to another homepage, which was edited by the webmaster. probably didn´t like it... ;) ok by me :)

4. the prices that are mentioned here are NOT the ones from the cafenions e.g. up in potamia or panagia village. i just tried to recommend the experience of having a "ouzo-meze" in a greek café. if you do: ask for the home-made ouzo!

5. sorry, couldn´t know about your health-condition. i recommended to take the trip by foot, because many people don´t even know - and don´t think - that it is possible. but there is a footpath from panagia as well as from potamia. and the tour through the woods and the mountains is wonderful!

6. i just didn´t know the prices. ;)

enjoy your holidays and try to take a breath of the non-touristic part of thassos! - you´ll love it even more then ;)

Phil

• By: Philippa
    • On: 31 May 2009 at 7:27am
    Hi Everyone, we will arrive on Thassos 2 weeks today and are staying at the Green sea apartments in Skala Potomia, can anyone tell me if the apartments have kettles & toasters please?

• By: Holidayann
    • On: 31 May 2009 at 8:34am
    Hi everybody... Thassos is really nice island ... only one month and I´m going there for all summer. I will work in Pefkari..i can´t wait for it :)

• By: Kaca
    • On: 31 May 2009 at 5:39pm
    I find it far too busy these days as with a lot of beaches on Thassos now. Probably due to too many hotels being build. How I loved it when you could find a desreted beach with no restaurants and Katina's. Wonderful but gone are those days sadly. I just wish the tourist would not litter the island with their rubbish. Keep Thassos clean and take your rubbish back with you or at least put it in a bin provided.

• By: gardenia
    • On: 5 June 2009 at 7:45am
    Hi everybody. I have a question. Please, do U know where can i find Thassos festivals 2009. Here on this page is only year 2008. byeee

• By: Kaca
    • On: 5 June 2009 at 3:37pm
    Kaca...expect to see the Thassos festival schedule for 2009 on the site in a few days.

• By: Go-Thassos.gr Webmaster
    • On: 5 June 2009 at 3:53pm
    To Go-Thassos.gr Webmaster: ok... efcharistooo :)

• By: Kate
    • On: 6 June 2009 at 10:38am
    Hi, I love the webcam, looks lovely and hot there today. I'm coming to Thassos June 28th, staying at Aberdeen Studios, does anyone know what they're like? I last came to Thassos in 1996 with my mum, it was a great week. Can't wait to see the island again.

• By: jayne
    • On: 7 June 2009 at 7:03am
    Hi All, Great webcam - makes me want to be there right now! I have been to Thassos twice, once in 1982 and again in 1984 with Young World (don't think they exist anymore)._ I love Thassos because it is not only beautiful but friendly too - felt like home away from home! Can't wait to go back at some point. Want to see how much it has changed since my last visit. I loved every part that I visited on the Island and Golden Beach is stunning! Of all the places I have been, Thassos is the place I will keep returning to - it really is special. My sister is going this year and I am really jealous, but she has promised to take lots of pictures for me! Wonder if she will love it as much as I do?

For those of you who are going, have a great time and I hope you love it as much as I do.

• By: Sarah Costello
    • On: 9 June 2009 at 8:26am
    kalispera se olous tous xroistes tou site kalo kalokairi kai antamosi sto diamantenio nish. good evening to all users of the site and have an unforgotable summer(excuse my english) on the diamond island of the north. SEE YOU ALL THEIRE ON THE 3RD OF JULY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!

Nikos konsoulas

potos thassos

• By: NIKOS POTOS 4709
    • On: 9 June 2009 at 1:12pm
    Hi all in Golden Beach

You'll see us there on the 12th July - cant wait - look forward to seeing some familiar faces we hope - especially at Fedra.

• By: Nikki
    • On: 10 June 2009 at 1:44am
    Hi everyone. Looking forward to going back to Scala Potamia on Sun .We are flying to Thessalonike and driving from there hope we dont get lost!
    We usualy fly to Kavala but Thompson are getting to expensive, over £300 each.
    BA to Thessalonika £108 each.Even with car hire still works out cheeper.We are staying at the Semeli studios,looking forward to a nice cool beer in the garden bar when we get there.

• By: Derek
    • On: 10 June 2009 at 4:45am
    derek my friend you cant go wrong just take the new motor way egnatia and it will take you straight to keramoti in just 1:45m depending traffic. I've done last year its great drive. see you maybe theire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• By: NIKOS POTOS 4709
    • On: 10 June 2009 at 4:55pm
    Hi Derek
    we have been doing the journey from thessaloniki to thassos for the last 5 years since thompson stopped going to the achillion.we have found the journey is getting shorter with the new motorway extending each year the best place to catch the ferry is at keramoti even though its about 25mins longer drive there are more ferrys running than kavala and the ferry trip is shorter when you come out of the airport you need to get on the ring road around thessaloniki town and follow that anticlockwise to juction 5 the road signs say kavala and are in english aswell as greek follow the signs for kavala once you pass the turn off for kavala town you keep going until the turn for keramoti appears. we bought a road map from whsmith the first time and we have been using it ever since it is the macedonia part of greece raod map if it helps the isbn is 960848118x. we will be gong on 31st july have a good time

• By: toni nicola
    • On: 11 June 2009 at 2:47pm
    Hi,
    I am back from Thassos after a dream week... I am happy I stayed on this wonderful island and extremely sad I had to go... Nice beaches with white fine sand, great scenery, tasty food... The cookies are the best I have ever eaten (check the panetteria in the center of Limanas)... I had a tour of the island and visited almost all the beaches, I even climbed on Ypsario and the view is quite amazing...
    I stayed at Hotel Angelika in Limenas. It is a nice hotel with a great view to the old harbour. On the other hand the bathroom is a bit too small but in the end we got used to it.
    I am sure I will be back some day so See you soon, Thassos!

• By: diana
    • On: 12 June 2009 at 10:34am
    Just returned from another blissfull holiday on Thassos. Thanks to Sakis, Tasos, Panos and our new friend Stefanos.

We'll be back next year.

• By: Wendy & Vernon
    • On: 13 June 2009 at 5:57am
    One or two questions:

I see on cmaera people on sunbeds and under umbrellas at the middle of the beach in Skala Panagia. Are there for free or for renting? And what's the price?

I'm carrying my own umbrella, is there any limitations for them?

Are there places/parts of the beach that are not free, but only for ones that pay some ticket?

Finally, we are coming there, on the camera... in just one, looong week! :)

• By: Ton_majstor
    • On: 14 June 2009 at 5:26am
    1) I see on cmaera people on sunbeds and under umbrellas at the middle of the beach in Skala Panagia. Are there for free or for renting? And what's the price?

Answer: All of the umbrellas and sunbeds you see on the beach come with some sort of cost. You either pay for using the sunbed/umbrella directly, get it free with the purchase of a drink from a nearby cafe/bar, or get it free as being a guest at a nearby hotel. The price for two sunbeds and an umbrella can cost anywhere between 5 to 7 euros. It really depends on where you go. You will have to hunt around for the cheapest offer.

2) I'm carrying my own umbrella, is there any limitations for them?

Answer: Probably at this point, the only limitation you will have is finding space to put your own. This year almost the entire stretch of Golden Beach is covered with sunbeds and umbrellas leaving little space for your own. Normally you will find a place to put your own things (assuming it's not high season and is not completely crowded), but if you don't you're not obligated to use the sunbeds that are there. When we go and there's no space, we simply move what's in our way. Beaches in Greece are public property.

3) Are there places/parts of the beach that are not free, but only for ones that pay some ticket?

Answer: Golden Beach is public property and nobody owns it. You can go to any part that you wish. The only beach that you would have to pay to access is Makryammos Beach simply because the property of the resort completely surrounds the beach. The only way to get to it is to cross their land. If you have a boat and came in by way of the sea, you wouldn't have to pay a penny.

• By: Go-Thassos.gr Webmaster
    • On: 14 June 2009 at 12:04pm
    Hi People

Can anyone who has been to Golden Beach very recently tell me what the prices are like for drinking and eating out - getting told very different varieties of prices!!!!

Many thanks again to anyone who can help.

• On: 14 June 2009 at 1:48pm
    Thanks, Webmaster!

Pozdrav!

• By: Ton_majstor
    • On: 14 June 2009 at 4:40pm
    Hi. We have just returned from our first visit to Thasos, we stayed at the Anastasia apartments on Golden Beach and it was a brilliant holiday. The island is very beautiful, the people are extreemly friendly, the food is wonderful I recomend PEFKA resterant under the pine trees and the weather is perfect we had 30'+.There is a lot of talk about wasps on the island but we only saw 2 and they went away when asked to. The web cam is great our family could see us as we waved and spoke on the mobile. All in we had a wonderful time and will return some day. Keep up the good work Webmaster.
    Chris

• By: Chris
    • On: 15 June 2009 at 4:27am
    hello everybody i was last year in thassos and i am going this year too....it is very beautiful....good food...good beer...see you there...

• By: Ady
    • On: 15 June 2009 at 5:22am
    Hi Nicki just returned from Thassos Golden Beach/Scala potomia. Prices are not to bad. a meal for three including Wine around about thirty to thirty five euros depends where you eat. The restraunts are very good i can reconmend Phillipi,krambusa,Trata,Alcioni Which are all at Scala potamia on the beach front.
    Scala Potomia and Golden beach all run into one. Scala is a bit more livier of a night. Enjoy your holiday

• By: Kevin
    • On: 15 June 2009 at 8:43am
    Thanks for that Kevin - I'll try my hardest to have a good time

:)

• On: 15 June 2009 at 1:23pm