Living on Thassos

Home General

Living on Thassos

JohnnyQJohnnyQ Member (+) Posts: 8
I have been visiting Thassos every year for over 20yrs and I would love to move to Thassos in the near future and buy a two bedroom house or apartment. When I was over in June/July friends of mine who have moved from the uk say they find it less expensive to live than the uk. I would appreciate any views from anyone who has made Thassos their home. Cheers John

Comments

• saxkerrysaxkerry Member Posts: 22
    Hi Johnny,
    Me and my husband Ofer moved here two years ago.
    We also had visited the island many times and decided that we wanted to try a life change and move here.
    We bought a two bedroom garden apartment in Limenas and we are very close to town. We have bicycles to get around.
    We love our new lifestyle.... I think the best mindset is not to compare lifestyles, previous and new, as they are so completely different, but to just enjoy it.
    if you want me to send you more details, property price, cost of living and other tips, please contact me on my email: kerrylynn60@gmail.com.
    I will be more than glad to help.

Kerry
  • AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 817
    Hi JohnnyQ :)

Kerry's old post may also be helpful:

https://community.go-thassos.gr/discussion/comment/6079
  • Lill KnudsenLill Knudsen Member Posts: 3
    Hello Johnny Q, Did you find your dreamhouse on Thassos. If not please have a look at ours in Theologos: www.greekthassoshouse.dk
    Best regards
    Lill
  • Leanne1976Leanne1976 Member Posts: 144
    My dream house is the one in Panagia .. you know the one that's in everyones holiday photos! LOL
    oooo Lill that house is beautiful!! how I wish I would buy that and live forever in Thassos!!
  • DelboyDelboy Member (+) Posts: 359
    The one with the flowers and bicycle on the balcony ?
    I think the photo of it is on day 7 of my trip report if that is the one
    Yup del that’s the one, I’m told it’s for sale
    edited August 2019
    yes I am sure I saw the sign and something like respect the owners property. I guess they don't want the tourists around whilst it is for sale
    my memory recalls it

I remember one asking people not to put their feet on the white walls last year, if I win the lotto I’m buying this house! You and mrs d are welcome to visit 😀
    That is kind of you Leanne, it is white tea and no sugars lol