Live Webcam at Golden Beach, Thassos - Page 122

Home Go-Thassos Comments

Live Webcam at Golden Beach, Thassos

Comments

• ToneTone Member (+) Posts: 65
    Real shame about the Beach sweep - tbh I don't understand why it's been shelved after only 4 posts ( 2 for and 2 against ) I'm sure many " regulars " on her will be disappointed particularly for the very reasons pointed out by Ellie . the panoramic views of the mountains are already included in the span - I'm really grateful for Augie and his team for what they do in providing us with this free service - it was catering for everyone so why change it !
  • AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 817
    Hi Tone,

I also received private messages and emails against the beach sweep over the last few weeks. That's why I wrote that we received "overwhelming" feedback. Sorry for not elaborating earlier.

It's difficult to please everyone but we're doing our best to provide the best experience possible. That's why your feedback matters to us greatly. We will continue listening, learning, and adjusting.

Thank you so much, Tone! :)
  • EllieEllie Member (+) Posts: 31
    Hi Augie,

I must say I'm surprised there was so much feeling against the beach sweep ... why? Like Tone, to me there seemed to be something for everyone the way it was!

I'm now sitting here eating my breakfast before going to work, watching the waves crash onto the jetty ... seriously missing my stroll along Golden Beach!

So ... my husband and I have had an idea ... what if you raised the camera slightly during the winter months when no one is swimming, so that it shows less of the water but more of what's going on along the promenade ... cars, people walking dogs, maybe odd shops are doing something. Then in the summer when the season begins, you could lower it again. Just a thought.

Or maybe you could still run the beach sweep, but just do it every couple of hours? I understand that you can never please everyone, but it's a shame to lose a good idea altogether.

Cheers, Ellie and Bob
    So ... it's now been over an hour, and the ONLY view has been waves crashing on the little jetty ... and now I have to go to work. By the time I get home, it will be dark in Golden Beach ... so is this the only view I'll get to see for the rest of the winter!?
    Hi Ellie, so sorry about that. Seems like there's a bug in the settings we changed yesterday. We'll get it fixed a.s.a.p. :)
  • terryterry Member (+) Posts: 14
    That sounds brilliant I do love the beach view when it's alive with people but not in the winter when there,s nobody around But all in all I think we all love our little piece if heven
  • BShuffyBShuffy Member (+) Posts: 7
    Yay, just booked to come to Thassos again next year. Last time we came was 2016. So looking forward to it, just wish the webcam was working (just keeps buffering) so that I can see what I'm missing ;-)
  • GangoGango Member (+) Posts: 38
    stating the obvious but snow!!
  • SANDYSANDY Member (+) Posts: 9
    Hi, Since the new camera was installed I just get buffering every time I look. I used to love watching the island and its so disappointing. Is this all I will ever get to see?
  • callatis06callatis06 Member Posts: 1
    Wow is snow on Ipsario.
    Happy Christmas from Romania! <3
    Happy Χριστούγεννα στη Ρουμανία! <3
    Merry Christmas and a Very Happy 2019! :)

Whatever you're doing and where ever you are, we hope your Winter holidays are as memorable as your Summer holidays on Thassos.

If it isn't, why not use your winter holidays to plan your summer one? The best places to stay are still available at early booking rates, which makes this the perfect time for you to snatch a deal for your family and friends (or request one directly)!

Check out these deals and offers:

1) http://www.go-thassos.gr/visiting-thassos/hotels/all/deals

2) http://www.go-thassos.gr/visiting-thassos/hotels/all/offers

Or request a personal offer directly from these hotels, apartments, and villas on Thassos:

3) http://www.go-thassos.gr/visiting-thassos/hotels

Happy Holidays!
    Happy New Year Augie ... and everyone on Thassos! But what's happened to the webcam!?
    Happy New Year, Ellie! :)

The webcam is back online now... Yay!

Apologies for the 2-day down time. We just found what the problem was (something technical) and fixed it.

Enjoy!!
  • angieangie Member (+) Posts: 37
    Happy new year! It's great to see this lovely view this morning Augie 🙂
    Happy New Year, Angie! :)

Today the snow is coming down heavily, blanketing the pine forests and olive groves. I hope you get to see it before it all melts because it sure is beautiful! I'm off to build a snowman. ;)
  • cgukcguk Member Posts: 13
    Never seen snow like it in Thassos before - hope it's all gone by June
  • frenchiefrenchie Member Posts: 21
    That's a REAL white out - hope that you are all warm, safe and well!
  • grandma56grandma56 Member (+) Posts: 48
    Wow, what a fabulous day. So wish we could visit in the winter too!
  • bungalow50bungalow50 Member Posts: 10
    Hi Augie,
    HAPPY NEW YEAR ! Great to see the snow, have been watching the weather forecast for Thassos to hopefully see snow on the bay.....beautiful! We're all booked up for another holiday on your lovely island, can't wait.
    :) I left the wrong emoji on my last posting should have been a happy face! :)
  • DelboyDelboy Member (+) Posts: 359
    wow lots of snow today even on the beach, looks cold
  • angieangie Member (+) Posts: 37
    Loving the beautiful snowy scenes, a delight to watch! We will be back in May 🙂
    Happy New Year, Bungalow50, and may 2019 be your best year yet! Your holiday in Thassos will help make it so! ;)

Do you mind me asking you which village/resort you'll be staying at this time around, and why did you choose it? I'd love to hear your thoughts.
    Hi Augie, Thanks for your new year greetings. My husband and I have been holidaying on Thassos since 2007, only missing two summers due to house moving. We have always stayed at the Island View Hotel formerly known as The Blue Bay Hotel run by the wonderful Anna and Nikki ( plus of course their staff ) The views and wonderful relaxing atmosphere at the Island View are in our mind unbeatable.
  • colingcoling Member Posts: 7
    Saw you had some snow again yesterday - warmest February day ever recorded here in the U.K. - just over 20 degrees recorded in Wales - looking forward to our annual visit in June