hiking 2/3 days

Home General

hiking 2/3 days

martin11martin11 Member Posts: 2
In two weeks time we are visiting Thassos and we like to a more days hike. Arriving from the ferry fro Keramoti. Like to start there .....We want to sleep the nights at hotels/lodges at the beach and we like to hike the Ypsarion (not a loop).We have a goed map but we couldn't find much more. Anyone good suggestions ? Thanks a lot.

Comments

• DelboyDelboy Member (+) Posts: 359
    edited August 2018
    Hi Martin,

Hope the weather temps and wind drops to allow you to do it. Currently some mountain roads are/ were closed recently due to fire risks.
    I attempted the Ypsarion in 2015 and my trip report (in the tourist reviews section) will give you some details on the start. I unfortunately missed a sign on some rocks just before I reached my point of return and if you get that far you to would have missed the marker.
    I indicate what you will see to that point and it is not clearly marked if you are doing it for the first time.
    Come back if you want further info and I will try and help. I walk around the Golden Beach area quite a lot in the 2014 and 2015 one
    a reconnaissance of the area around Ysparion looking for a way to it for Panagia (thinking it would be an easier route) was on day 4 of the 2015 report and day 13, I think was my attempt at it from Potamia the official way.
  • dodododo Member Posts: 13
    Hi
    I was on Ypsarion last year using the following route departing from Skala Potamia

That would be the road route that the jeeps use, there is a route for walkers marked at the top of Potamia Village which you walk up the mountain on a path and dry river beds
  • dodododo Member Posts: 13
    The road is very good. I got last year on this road with my car that is a MB E270cdi (sedan)
  • martin11martin11 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you all Usefull information! We will try to sort it out!