ATm charges

Home General

ATm charges

DelboyDelboy Member (+) Posts: 359
For those using an Atm and unaware, nearly all the Greek banks are now making a charge of 2.5 to 3 euros for a withdrawal from the machines. This will be in addition to any charges your bank or card company charge you for a withdrawal. So far I understand Alpha bank is the only one not to charge but they may well follow at some point. So avoid drawing very small amounts of cash out each time.

Comments

• Leanne1976Leanne1976 Member Posts: 144
    Hey DB

Thanks for that info you might have just saved my girls a good few quid
  • DelboyDelboy Member (+) Posts: 359
    Also never accept their conversion exchange always ask for Euro's otherwise you will get a poor rate. That applies even if you have euro's already on your card never accept the conversion even if they say they will wavier the charge.
    I knew that one (god love Martin Lewis) we’ve go all euros now (exchange rate isn’t great) so won’t need any cards now 😀
  • AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 818
    Just an update that Alpha Bank was tested today and is still not charging and the one to use at the moment.
    reported this morning that the Alpha Bank Atm machines are now charging 75 cents per withdrawal so a bit better than the other Greek banks
    some people are saying there is still no charge for using the Alpha bank Atm's so the 75 cents charge may be something else
    I didn’t use an ATM so can’t say, but I know some who were complaining about charges.