Delboy

Home General

Delboy

Leanne1976Leanne1976 Member Posts: 144
So I saw your holiday diary from a few years ago which I must say is by far one of the most entertaining holiday reviews I’ve ever read! I have noticed you posting on here lately as well can I assume you have since gone back? Have you visited any other resorts etc? I do like reading your takes! Oh and thanks to your holiday adventures we went on the jeep safari and really enjoyed it 😀

Comments

• DelboyDelboy Member (+) Posts: 359
    Hi Leanne,
    We have not returned back to Thassos yet but will do so sometime as one of our favourite places.
    I do write reviews on everywhere we go and can be seen on TA forums.
    After going to Golden Beach in 2015 we went to Nidri in the September. You will find the 2015 trip report on that TA forum.
    2016 we went on the mainland to a resort known as Tolon on TA but called Tolo and sits on that forum.
    2017 we went to Elounda and did a trip report on that TA forum but I started to get interested in the history of the place but probably a little more serious.
    Finally 2018 we have just been to Naxos and a report in three parts sits on page 2 of that forum. I always try and give the experience we have of each place to give an insight to all interested.

Always comeback if you can't find them and I will try and help.

Delboy
  • Leanne1976Leanne1976 Member Posts: 144
    I shall go and have a look 😀 interested in the Naxos one as we have been looking at that on and off 😀
    make yourself a cup of tea then as they seem to get longer every year lol
    Hello again .. I’ve read (and laughed) your Naxos report, how would you compare Naxos to Thassos?
    I definitely won’t be going to Mykonos judging by the prices you’ve shown 😂😂
    Going to have a scan at your other ones after dinner.
    Where’s next one the list? Lol
    Also delboy I’ve noticed you seem to stay on the golden beach side of Thassos ... have you ever stayed at the skala rachoni side? It’s lovely!
    Hi Leanne,
    Glad you enjoyed it at least you got our experience from it and we knew Mykonos would be expensive but still got people telling me afterwards it's not lol

When we first looked at Thassos, Skala Rachoni came over to us as too quiet. Although we don't like noisy places that area just did not have enough there for us but we are all different Mrs Db said there was something else that put us off.

As I don't drive abroad I could not really confirm that would have been the case.

On the second visit we felt Golden Beach was our place and went a third time.

After the third time TC dropped out hotel and we felt that was the time to look elsewhere.

I personally like Naxos as much Thassos as there was lots to do. I like taking photographs so a new scene.

When we go back to Thassos I have still that mountain to sort out lol

Delboy