Resort recommendations

Home Places on Thassos

Resort recommendations

XaynaXayna Member Posts: 1
Hi there,

We’re looking to come to Thassos next summer and wondered if anyone might be able to help recommend which village to stay in?

We’d ideally like:

- a good sandy beach with sunloungers (due to small children)
- A small selection of tavernas in easy walking distance
- Accommodation either very close to the beach or with a pool
- We don’t tend to like very busy resorts so have ruled out some of the larger towns.

Hopefully what we are looking for does exist - I appreciate it’s a bit of a list!

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Leanne1976Leanne1976 Member Posts: 144
    I’ve only stayed in skala rachoni and it has all of the things you mentioned above, someone might know one with more around for small children though
  • AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 818
    edited July 2018
    Hi Xayna :)

Definitely consider Skala Rachoni, as Leanne suggested, because it may be exactly the type of resort you're looking for. It doesn't get as crowded as some of the other resorts on the island, even in the peak summer months. Many locals I know go swimming in Skala Rachoni for this reason. The beach is long, sandy, and very shallow. There are many excellent tavernas along the coastline and there are some swimming pools as well.

Also consider these resorts: These are a few of our lovely, more quiet resorts with organized child-friendly beaches and a good selection of tavernas. To be at a walking distance from the beach and tavernas will depend on the property you choose to stay at. :)