Home General

long term rentals

2»

Comments

• AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 818
    Hi Kerry!

Welcome to Thassos! :)

Up for a coffee this week?

Email or private message me a day/time that suits you. Thanks!
  • peter1502peter1502 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Kerry

Can I ask how you found your rental property in Thassos town. Myself and my partner are in same position at the moment. We are selling our house in the U.K and looking for a long term rental for 2018 but are finding it difficult as there's hardly anything advertised. We'd ideally like to be in the Potamias, Golden Beach, Panagia, Limenas areas. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Peter
  • Leanne1976Leanne1976 Member Posts: 144
    Saxkerry, how have you got on with your first Thassos winter? I would LOVE to move there but won’t be for a good number of years yet (unless I can win the lotto lol ) x
  • saxkerrysaxkerry Member Posts: 22
    He Leanne,
    Sorry for taking so long to respond.... we have been very busy since moving here in September.

Funny that everyone said "oh you haven't spent your first winter in Thassos yet" and we though OMG what have we done, moving here just before the winter. We found it pretty much like a winter anywhere else... because it is cold people stay at home in the warm... a lot of places obviously are closed down in the winter, but in Limenas there are still places open. We found it OK and enjoyed the time in our new home.

We had been dreaming of moving here for quite a few years, but there always seemed to be a reason not to. Our children and grandchildren live in Israel (I am originally from the UK, but moved to live in Israel where I met my husband)... we also both had jobs, a house and mortgage. But we decided that if we didn't take the plunge then we probably would never do it.. So we sold our house and quit our jobs and took one way flights to Thassos with 4 suitcases...

Everyone has been so helpful and supportive and we have bought a small garden apartment in Limenas.

We are not as stressed out as we were in Israel and we have time to do the things we like... We have bicycles now instead of cars and don't set our alarm clocks to get up at a dreaded 6.00 am to start the daily trek in the traffic jams to get to work.

We are slowly learning the Greek language and I will feel so much better when I can actually speak it freely.

If there is anything you want to ask me... feel free.

Don't give up on your dreams :-)

Kerry

• Leanne1976Leanne1976 Member Posts: 144
    Hi!
    It sounds perfect.. there’s not a chance just yet for us, kids still at school /college and financially but we all need a dream to work toward.

Few years. down there line and I can seriously see us packing up and sitting in a restaurant having an ouzo with you in October enjoying the peace
  • saxkerrysaxkerry Member Posts: 22
    Hi.. you sound at the place that we were.. our kids had not yet found their way in life and only when they left home and found their own way we felt that it was the right time.

You will know when the time is right.

If you are here for a holiday and want to meet up for a drink.. feel free to let me know.

Kerry