Thassos and nearby islands

Home General

Thassos and nearby islands

meejuliemeejulie Member Posts: 10
Thassos looks wonderful but we were wondering if there were any nearby islands that would be worthwhile visiting/staying on for a few days, we have two weeks to spend, thinking about a few days In kavala. Does Thassos have enough for a two week stay? Thank you

Comments

• Leanne1976Leanne1976 Member Posts: 144
    It depends what you like to do. We went for a week last year and returning again this year as we both want to do stuff we didn’t get chance to do. I can’t answer the islands but I’d definitely say there’s enough sight seeing, places to visit and plenty of places to eat.
    Your hotel should be able to help. Have a great time ... I love the island so much I’m going twice this year!
  • meejuliemeejulie Member Posts: 10
    Thank you Leanne, flights are booked, now just need somewhere to stay, which leads to my next question.....
  • Leanne1976Leanne1976 Member Posts: 144
    Exciting!! When do go?
    Make sure you do a boat trip .. well worth it!
  • GangoGango Member (+) Posts: 38
    Hi, I just replied to your accommodation question and have now seen this. It most definitely has enough for a two week stay. We have visited nearly every year since 1999 and every time we find something new we haven't seen before. The beaches are fantastic, the mountains and villages beautiful, monasteries to visit and archaeological sites. My top tip would be to hire a jeep to really be able to experience the island. That said we do vary our journeys a little now and have combined Thessaloniki, Samothraki, Kavala and Athens with our trips, but we're always drawn back to Thassos
  • meejuliemeejulie Member Posts: 10
    Thank you Leanne, we arrive June 29th so getting closer now. We love doing boat trips so any recommendations would be appreciated thanks.
    And thank you Gango, we were planning on hiring a car for a few days, so the jeep could be a good idea. Any recommendations on where to hire one please? :smile:
    6 weeks and counting/planning