Travelling to Thassos in October

Home Traveling to Thassos

Travelling to Thassos in October

Hi there!

I will be travelling to Thassos in October and I was wondering if you can give me some tips what we can do on the island during this time of the year? Just checked out offers for Sailing trips but it seems that this is not offered in October as it is off season?
We will def rent a car to explore the island on our own... but some tips would be very much appreciated!

Also I'm a little scared that it will already be too cold to swim in the sea?
Any comments / experiences?

Thanks very much in advance!

Comments

• CrissiCrissi Member Posts: 2
    Travel dates: Oct. 5th - Oct. 15th
  • AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 818
    Hey Crissi!

Tip 1: Book your stay in Limenas
    The island's capital still has a good amount of shops and restaurants open while most other resorts around the island are closing in October.

Tip 2: Rent a car
    You will be able to visit hidden-away beaches and even enjoy entire beaches to yourself in October!

Tip 3: Bring your swimsuit
    The sea is warm in October so don't be scared and don't forget your swimsuit!

Tip 4: Bring a light jacket and long pants
    Evenings may get chilly so pull off the swim suit and put on the jeans and jacket before going for a night out.

Tip 5: Take advantage of outdoorsy activities
    This is one of the best times of year to go hiking in the mountains, explore the ancient archaeological sites, horse riding, kayaking, etc. The air temperature is comfortable and the sun is not intense. It's quite glorious, actually.

Tip 6: Wake up early

Days are getting shorter, which is the only drawback of visiting in October... so rise and shine nice and early to have plenty of daylight for all your activities!