Live Webcam at Golden Beach, Thassos - Page 114

Home Go-Thassos Comments

Live Webcam at Golden Beach, Thassos

Comments

• Calin BulzanCalin Bulzan Member Posts: 1
    how is the situation now ? the ferry is working ? is the fire contained or still burning ?
  • cooperkidscooperkids Member (+) Posts: 75
    Just returned from 2 weeks in Limenaria. The fires have been quite bad and keep relighting because of winds and lack of rain. Holidaymakers still arriving and ferries as far as we could tell were still as normal. Electricity cut off a few times but the locals although worried are doing their best .
  • derekderek Member (+) Posts: 66
    just seen the prices for next year..frightening,,looks like blackpool for me ugh////
    Sorry we're deserting Thassos next year trying Skiathos instead xx
  • ToneTone Member (+) Posts: 65
    edited September 2016
    Hi Cooperkids - We've had several thoughts about going somewhere else over the years and have tried Skiathos some years ago - was very nice but in our view busier and more expensive even then but as an alternative a good option . TBH our real love is Scala Potamia itself more than Thassos generally - we have visited Limineria several times but always just want to get back to the horseshoe bay at SP where it is so relaxing and the taverna.s are all right down on the " promenade" - have yet to find any taverna in Thassos to match the food served or the friendliness of the locals - we also went flight only this year and stayed at Aigiao studios right on the beachfront midway between Golden Beach and SP - it was idyllic and we felt quite emotional when we had to say goodbye to the owners who had looked after us so well.
    Aah Tone I am quite sure we'll be back to thassos in the future. You're right about golden beach too. The 'beach ' at Limenaria was very disappointing but we liked the tavernas and the harbour and the busy little streets. In particular we enjoyed Limenariotissa which was a very friendly family run taverna delicious authentic Greek food. We stayed at Sunray in Limenaria which was lovely and has excellent reviews however one tiny incident when I asked the owner Mària if I could have some tomato with breakfast and she said an emphatic NO and then proceeded to rant for about 10 minutes about guests going out and not eating in the hotel in the evenings. Very uncomfortable as it says in all the reviews how helpful she is and nothing is too much trouble - obviously that doesn't include tomates !
  • marie22marie22 Member (+) Posts: 20
    we had a change after our 8th year to thassos, we did skopelos via skiathos, the main difference we found was that as they are nearer the mainland they are busier and the atmosphere was not as relaxed , i think the calmness and laid back way of life on thassos comes from its location in having no neighboring islands and away from the mainland, having said that it was lovely to see something different and both skiathos and skopelos have a beauty of they're own and we still had a lovely holiday
    went on tomson site to peruse hols ,,cant find smagdi, emerald,marina, nostos,any body know whats happening???
    derek..
  • DelboyDelboy Member (+) Posts: 359
    Hi Derek,

Thomson site has a little box where you have to press all places to stay to get this

http://www.thomson.co.uk/destinations/europe/greece/thassos/golden-beach/holidays-golden-beach/places-to-go
    hi delboy
    can get into tomson website,,ref smaragdi, emerald,marinaand nostos says sold out...perhaps they have opted out..
  • Adrian LeeAdrian Lee Member (+) Posts: 126
    Hi Derek,
    Keep watching website, as they only release a few to start with, they will release more dates later on. This year they said a few were sold out yet in April they suddenly appeared on sale again
    cheers ade..
    was begining to get a headache..lol.
    Different views today - very nice xx
    turned out nice again//
    Does anyone live in golden beach out of season ?
  • AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 817
    Hi Cooperkids,

I know some people who do. I myself live in Limenas.
    just tried to book golden beach with toms. sept. is that the price for shares in the hotel..getting a headache now.. looks like ourgate this year..
    Derek, have you ever thought about doing it yourself, we have done it for the last 5 years, it works out cheaper and you get a lot more for your money
  • ToneTone Member (+) Posts: 65
    We went independent this year using Thomas Cook flights to Kavala - worked out slightly more than a package but so worth it - you get exactly where you want to stay :) Taxis are readily available from the airport to Keromoti ( 20 euros ) and from Thassos Town to Golden Beach ( 20 euros ) We have booked flights for next year for 7th July for less than £200 each ( just outside of school holidays ) would be well worth looking up TC flights for when you want to go Derek . We stay at Aigaio Studios 10 metres from the beach - paradise !
  • jlcloverjlclover Member (+) Posts: 7
    We been to golden beach 20 times & this year twice , its worth while going with thomas cook , you can get in touch with where you want to stay to see if they have rooms , then it works out cheaper & they get a better price , golden beach is so wonderful n the people are so friendly
  • tonitoni Member (+) Posts: 107
    easyjet summer flights for 2017 go on sale 3rd November if anyone wants to try the independent way to Thessaloniki. apart from the first time we visited thassos with Thompson we have always gone independent either BA or EasyJet but the last few years BA prices have been crazy.
  • SueSue Member (+) Posts: 35
    Looks like a lovely day in Golden Beach, just seen two lucky people walking along the beach !
    I looked yesterday and it looked lovely. I showed it to my husband and told him that I could live there xx
    Would love to be walking along that beach right now
  • jlcloverjlclover Member (+) Posts: 7
    Me too cooperkids shall we hehe