Live Webcam at Golden Beach, Thassos - Page 113

Home Go-Thassos Comments

Live Webcam at Golden Beach, Thassos

Comments

• DelboyDelboy Member (+) Posts: 359
    well I walked around there in my first review, I personally don't regard it was a beach but each to their own

• AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 818
    Yep, that's the one Delboy! Here's a few photos I took at the other end of this beach.

• ToneTone Member (+) Posts: 65
    Well it does look like a beach to me :)
    well if we are talking of the same one, this bit of shore line next to the harbour is also used by a few people

this is another angle from the first place

Here's another pic of the other one Tone

Still 5 weeks to go before we arrive :( normally we would be on our way back now but we're going later in the season this year - bonus is of course still got our holiday to look forward to :)

Looking at the beach it does look a lot busier than when we normally go but that's to be expected as the high season is now here - certainly won't detract from our enjoyment - good to see everyone having fun and bringing the much needed business to the Island .

Can't wait to sample the delights of our favourite tavernas - Green Sea , Korali and Krambousa and catch up with everyone .
  • marie22marie22 Member (+) Posts: 20
    1 week on sunday and cannot wait, will be our 9th visit after taking a break one year to try skopelos , lovely island but just not thassos ;)
  • tonitoni Member (+) Posts: 107
    we have one week to go till our thassos holiday
    cant wait to be on the ferry from keramoti with the sea gulls and hopfully dolphins by the side of it. seeing the island getting closer is just magicial.
    down to the sea front of skala potamia to chose where to have our first meal of the holiday
    the korali or the krambousa. 2 of our favourite tavernas
    Hi Toni - two very good choices of taverna's - we go alternately from one to the other - sometimes a little embarrassing as they are right next to each other :) I reckon Korali just edges it with their " 4 cheeses in a clay pot " for a starter - my wife doesn't like cheese so I have to eat it all myself !! where are you staying in SP ?- if it's Suzies you can't go wrong :)
  • tonitoni Member (+) Posts: 107
    Hi Tone
    we are staying at the lovely hotel achillon with maria and her sons
    our first visit was in 1997 and have been going back when we can
    We stayed at the Achillon some years ago - very nice hotel - enjoy - I'm sure you'll have a great holiday.
  • derekderek Member (+) Posts: 66
    any body know what has happened to hotel angelica web cam??
  • Linda MoonLinda Moon Member Posts: 1
    I'm watching hotel Angelica webcam now. It seems to be working ok. What a lovely day in Thassos ! Two weeks and we'll be there . Can't wait.
    just checked prices for thassos next year,after i picked myself up ,went and had a laydown, feeling very light headed. thomson you cannot be serious::::;;any body know a cheap hotel in addis ababa lol..
    Hi Derek,
    I think they do that every year, they know people have just had a holiday and want to return to the same place so they up the price, best wait until they become more reasonable
    hi delboy
    you are probably right,, i,m just having a bit of whinge. cheers.
  • cooperkidscooperkids Member (+) Posts: 75
    We'll be on our way next Sunday. Limenaria this time xx
  • NojoNojo Member (+) Posts: 4
    Back this Sunday 28th for 6th time, staying at Smaragdi again for that brilliant view and and welcoming hosts Costas, Katerina and Sylvia.
    Recently back from a wonderful 2 weeks on thassos, everything was just perfect as always , the only 1 negative was that on visiting limenaria we found they had erected huge concrete sea defence blocks along the harbour which totally blocked the view of the sea and the marble used to create the harbour was so high that it aswell blocked the once beautiful view , it is such a shame as it has totally changed the harbours appearance and we found the huge concrete blocks very ugly to the eye :(
    Oh dear hope it doesn't spoil our holiday xx
    No it definitely will not cooperkids , just an unexpected change for us but everything else is as perfect as always , you'll have a wonderful time :)
    3rd visit can't wait xx
  • Sandra MilesSandra Miles Member (+) Posts: 51
    Hey Delboy, I have ditched Thomsons next summer. Travelling up to Manchester and flying to Kavala with Thomas Cook. £480 return for two people and this includes a meal on the flight! Check it out. I always travel independently and use Thomson for the flight only but this price is less than half what they were asking for :)
  • vanyazagarovavanyazagarova Member (+) Posts: 29
    12 days to go for 3rd time this season
  • Nikos KonsoulasNikos Konsoulas Member (+) Posts: 45
    big fires on the island on prinos limenaria kalhrahi .