Data SIM Card on Thasos

Home General

Data SIM Card on Thasos

CarlosCalderonCarlosCalderon Member Posts: 2
Hello,

I've been to Thassos for nearly twenty years now. It is a beautiful island. But how time changes, my own behaviour also changed. The internet passes I can book from my German provider are pretty expensive...

Is there a possibility to buy a sim only for data on Thassos? I think I saw a Vodafone store in Limenas. Are there other providers present on the island (Cosmote or Wind?)? And how much are the costs?

We are staying in the south of Thassos, near Astris. How is the network coverage? Does someone have experience with the providers?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Philipp

Comments

• AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 818
    Hi Philipp,

There is a Cosmote shop and a Vodafone shop in Limenas.

What you could do is go to Cosmote in Limenas and get a pay-as-you-go SIM. The "WhatsUp" package is good for what you want to do. For 5 euros you can get 500 Mb of data. If you want to add minutes (for phone calls) you'll have the option too, but if you want to use the SIM only for 3G, you can do that.

Initial cost for the SIM card, well... I can't remember. No more than 10 Euros, I'd day!

The network coverage on the island is pretty good. I have Cosmote and am happy with the 3G service I get, but I'm usually in the northern part of the island.

• CarlosCalderonCarlosCalderon Member Posts: 2
    Hey Augie!

Thanks for your response!

Where exactly is the cosmote shop? Google does not give me an address. That confuses me abit...

Thank you again!
  • AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 818
    edited July 2016
    Here's a map with its exact location:

https://www.google.gr/maps/place/40°46'46.6"N+24°42'38.9"E/@40.779623,24.7102668,177m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d40.779623!4d24.710814

The shop sign reads "ΓΕΡΜΑΝΟΣ" (GERMANOS). It's just 10 metres from the Vodafone Shop.