Home Go-Thassos Comments

Live Webcam at Golden Beach, Thassos

Comments

• Nikos KonsoulasNikos Konsoulas Member (+) Posts: 45
    also all the web sites at least in uk have suspend the exchanges
  • AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 818
    edited June 2016
    Hi Niko,

There may be some truth to what you've read. Honestly, if I had that type of business (eg. hotel, jewelry shop or travel agency that offers money exchange), I would stop buying pounds under the current circumstances because the pound's value is experiencing a free fall. If I buy 100 pounds today, it will certainly be worth less tomorrow. Greek businesses are struggling as it is and cannot afford additional losses. So until the exchange rate stabilizes, I think some businesses will be reluctant to buy GBP.

Greek ATMs will continue to accept UK debit/credit cards so don't worry. Also, I easily exchanged pounds to euros on Friday morning (24 June) at the Eurobank branch in Limenas.
  • Derek WalkerDerek Walker Member (+) Posts: 5
    Just had 2lovely weeks in Thassos stayed in the Thomas with Vasilis and Giota
  • tonitoni Member (+) Posts: 107
    we are now down to counting the number of weeks till our thassos holiday on one hand.#
    5 weeks till we are in skala potamia staying with our European friends.
  • vanyazagarovavanyazagarova Member (+) Posts: 29
    Hi everyone, Do you know what is the water temperature in Golden beach? 11 days to go.....
  • derekderek Member (+) Posts: 66
    hi augie could you put temperature up with the time on golden beach picture thanks..
  • vanyazagarovavanyazagarova Member (+) Posts: 29
    Yeah, and the water temperature too.....
  • Andrei LucaAndrei Luca Member (+) Posts: 2
    Yesterday came home from a fantastic 7 days journey in Thassos.The water temperature is perfect!
  • cooperkidscooperkids Member (+) Posts: 75
    8 weeks today can't wait xx
  • DaveBeck PaddockDaveBeck Paddock Member Posts: 1
    Hi there staying at golden beach can anyone tell me if there are shops to buy cigarettes from please
  • Nikos KonsoulasNikos Konsoulas Member (+) Posts: 45
    46 days .anyone flying from manchester with thomas cook? After a long two years looking forward to go back.
    Hi Dave,

Yes, there are a couple of places where you can buy cigarettes at Golden Beach, including a kiosk and a minimarket on the main road, just metres from the beach. :)

• cooperkidscooperkids Member (+) Posts: 75
    Hi Augie, been looking on webcam and wondered if you could answer a question. On the first shot of the beach where people swim out to the rock there are some bars which look as though they have apartments above. Do you have any details
    regards Hilary x
    Hi Hilary!

Details about those apartments can be seen here:

http://www.thassos-holiday-rentals.com/en/sun-and-sea-i
    http://www.thassos-holiday-rentals.com/en/sun-and-sea-ii

Thassos Holiday Rentals manages them, so contact Arabella if interested!
  • BShuffyBShuffy Member (+) Posts: 7
    This time tomorrow, I shall be there! So good, looking at the webcam views whilst the rain is lashing outside here. All packed and ready - can't wait :-)
  • Adrian LeeAdrian Lee Member (+) Posts: 126
    So jealous, have a great time
  • tonitoni Member (+) Posts: 107
    3 weeks until our holiday on thassos
  • Anna ŠtefaničováAnna Štefaničová Member Posts: 1
    Hi! Are there any smaller or private beaches near the golden beach, where we can get by walk?
    Thank you :)
    Hey Anna, yes there are some smaller beaches along the coast (north of Golden Beach) where you can walk to. Make sure you carry plenty of water with you!
  • DelboyDelboy Member (+) Posts: 359
    Hi Anna,

Unless you are really good at walking there are only two beaches within walking distance which are Vathi and Marble beach. The best of the two for a more private beach is Vathi. Marble Beach is crowded, as per metre far more crowded than Golden Beach. If you go into the reviews section on this forum and have a look at my 2014 trip report on day 9 (I think) I walk to both and photograph the route all the way.
    edited July 2016
    There is another beach that Delboy forgot to mention. It's rocky (smooth) and it gets sandy in the water. You'll need to walk on the road that passes in front of Hotel Island View (where this webcam is located). Within 10 minutes you'll be there, so it's much much closer than Vathi and Marble Beach. I've never seen people at this beach every time I went, so it might be just the beach you're looking for!
  • DelboyDelboy Member (+) Posts: 359
    Do you mean in Blue bay itself Augie, where there is a newest villa built as I didn't really regard it as a beach as such but think there are pics of it on the first trip report
    Yes, I believe that's the one Delboy!
  • BShuffyBShuffy Member (+) Posts: 7
    Absolutely loving it here - have to say the webcam doesn't do it justice, it's 100% more stunning in reality! Everywhere serves delicious food - tried somewhere different every day and never been disappointed. Would return for 2 months next year but can't seem to find any longer stay rentals
  • ToneTone Member (+) Posts: 65
    Thanks for information about this other beach Augie - we've been coming for many years and didn't know about this - will definitely walk along to give it a try when we visit next month - it's always so helpful to get local information from someone who lives there :)

Hi BShuffy - looks like you are going to be a convert - we've been to most Greek Islands but since discovering Thassos ( particularly Golden Beach /Scala P ) 15 years ago we return every year and have never tired of it - lovely place , great food and very friendly people - looking forward as much as ever to our holiday this year :)

Thanks again Augie for all you're help .