transfer from kavala to thassos

Home Traveling to Thassos
Options

transfer from kavala to thassos

katrinkatrin Member (+) Posts: 2
dear team,
we are a group of 10 adults, 6 childs and 2 babies coming from june 23-july 7 and are wondering about our transfer from kavala to,thassos and back. do you have a contact or quote for a group transfer incl ferry or is it cheaper if we take a taxi per family? can you recommend a car rental company at airport kavala? thank you very much!
kind regards katrin

Comments

• Options
    AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 819
    Hello Katrin!

If you are flying to Kavala's airport and you need transportation to Keramoti's ferry port, the most cost-efficient and convenient way is by taxi. I highly recommend Triantafillos Taxi Service, a good family business that is dedicated to Thassos-bound travellers.

I think taxi service from the airport to Keramoti is about 20 EUR per transfer (maximum of 4 people in each vehicle).

You can request a quote from them by phone or email.

http://www.go-thassos.gr/visiting-thassos/transportation/triantafillos-taxi-keramoti-port

There are car rental agencies at the airport as well, but keep in mind that you would have to pay for the ferry ticket of each vehicle you hire (16 EUR per vehicle) and you will need to return the vehicle to the airport (another 16 EUR per vehicle).

If you wish to rent cars for your holiday, agencies on the island can arrange to have the cars waiting for you at the ferry port in Thassos upon your arrival, so you won't need to pay to transfer the cars on the ferry from the mainland. (You'll also be supporting local businesses this way!) :)

I hope I answered all of your questions... please don't hesitate to write again if you have any more!

Augie
  • Options
    katrinkatrin Member (+) Posts: 2
    hi augie! perfect, thank you. do you have an agency / car rental contact on the island you could recommend? kr katrin
  • Options
    AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 819
    Sure, there are several reputable agencies to choose from. The best thing to do is contact them all and ask for a quote. :)

National Friend - www.national-friend.gr
    Europcar - www.europcar-thassos.gr
    Potos Carental - www.rentacarpotos.gr
  • Options
    charlotteheath2012charlotteheath2012 Member (+) Posts: 1
    We are travelling from Keramoti to Thassos and staying in Panagia in august. Is the best taxi service Triantafillos Taxi Service? There will be 2 drop offs.

Also, is there a bus from Panagia to the beach? or is it ok to walk there and back? we are young and fit so don't mind a walk!

thanks, charlotte