Quietest part island in August!!

Home Traveling to Thassos

Quietest part island in August!!

JopopeyJopopey Member (+) Posts: 1
Hi there I am coming to stay in Thassos in August...camping (not sure where yet) but want to know which site and beach would be best....I dont like sound jet skis etc and like chilling in quiet places....is that a contradiction in August! anyway any advice grateful received thanks in advance.

Comments

• AlfredtheGreatAlfredtheGreat Member (+) Posts: 5
    Anywhere on the east side of the island, which is the quieter side. Try Paradise Beach or Loutrou Bungalows in Kinira, where I am sure, Christo would find a place for you. Paradise Beach is just 1,5 km from Kinira. One of the best and quietest beaches.
  • BrisolaBuddBrisolaBudd Member (+) Posts: 4
    Can't say I would recommend Paradise Beach especially in August!! This is when all Greeks are on holiday and Thassos does become very busy. You will have to find some of the coves off the beaten track like Vathi or Trypiti or Papalamani
  • Nannie FrenchNannie French Member (+) Posts: 45
    Also, a short way further south, just before Aliki ( avoid Aliki in August if possible only due to numbers of visitors) Villagio Skorpio has access to a tiny sandy beach and just after Aliki there is Skedia beach ,Kekes, rocky access to your private tiny bit of sandy beach - paradise indeed. Both have fabulous tavernas, you might not want to leave for a swim. Thassos however is a tourist island and August is peak time so expect mostly busy beaches, but be enterprising and you'll find peace in some unlikely locations. Otherwise enjoy the company and make new friends.