Last week of September in Thassos

Home Traveling to Thassos
Options

Last week of September in Thassos

adamadam Member (+) Posts: 1
Hi there,

I am planning to visit the island the last week of September. I am planning to stay in Skala Marion and I was wondering if it is a good period of the year or not. How is the weather usually this time of the year? Are there shops and taverns still open and last but not least is there a hospital or some kind of medical unit on the island in case I will need it - I will travel with a child and I want to be prepared.

Thanks for your advices!

Best regards,
Adam

Best Answer

• Options
    GoThassosGoThassos Administrator Posts: 128
    edited September 2014 Answer ✓
    Hi Adam!

The last week of September is usually very warm and pleasant although the evenings can get quite cool, so be sure to bring a sweater or light jacket for when you go out at night.

The weather is unpredictable but typically it is still a beautiful time for swimming and sight-seeing all the way through September and well into October.

You may find that there are less shops and tavernas open compared to July and August, but there still will be quite a few open at the end of September. Some of the shops tend to close at the end of September because there are far fewer tourists. For the lucky tourists who are here, that means they have more personalized service at the tavernas, less waiting times, and more space to themselves at the beaches!

There is a health center located in Prinos, about a 15-20 minute drive from Skala Maries. You can find the phone number of the health center as well as numerous doctors around the island if you click the telephone icon at the top-left corner of Go-Thassos.gr

In Skala Maries there is also a pharmacy.

We wish you a wonderful holiday on our beautiful island and please do come back if you have any more questions!

-Augie

Answers

• Options
    adamadam Member (+) Posts: 1
    Thank you Augie for this excellent feedback. I am looking forward to spending some nice time in Thassos!

Best regards,
    Adam