Limenas

Home Go-Thassos Comments

Limenas

Go-Thassos WebsiteGo-Thassos Website Administrator Posts: 2,286
edited July 2013 in Go-Thassos Comments

Comments

• Go-Thassos WebsiteGo-Thassos Website Administrator Posts: 2,286
    Hi everyone. Feel free to post a comment or write a review about Thassos Town. Enjoy! smilies/grin.gif

Imported Comment from previous version Go-Thassos.gr

• By: Go-Thassos.gr Webmaster
    • On: 28 August 2008 at 11:16am
    Hi there, I just returned 5th sept after 2 weeks of hot sunshine and I mean hot. Stayed in Thassos Town at Antigoni Studios, it was just perfect. The owners were great, very welcoming and lovely to be in their company. The rest of the guests were a fantastic group of people, had a great time. Night drinks in Remezo with Zulis in the old harbour watching the beautiful sunsets, then Cheers bar with Pete and Jane. I will not forget Thassian Restaurant, the food was lovely. Good luck to Rigas and Kat and their lovely staff. This was the 5th time we have been to Thassos. It has every thing you need peace and quiet, little noise if you want it, loads of history, great beaches, hire a car and see the isle in a day round trip than decide where to explore. Also think this site is great, well done from a Thassos fan.

• By: sheila mills
    • On: 6 September 2008 at 3:55pm
    Does anyone know the e-mail of Pete&Jane at the Cheers bar in Thassos Town. We were on holiday with them in Crete a few years go, but lost touch when they went to Thassos.

• By: John Evans
    • On: 10 November 2008 at 4:00pm
    thassos is amazing. i was there this summer and i'll visit it again. it is the perfect place to relax smilies/smiley.gifsmilies/smiley.gifsmilies/smiley.gif

• By: stefi
    • On: 21 November 2008 at 3:46pm
    Limenas is wonderful smilies/grin.gif I love view from old theatre, streets, the port with nice lighthouse and also there are good bars and disco smilies/grin.gif I am going to visit it again smilies/smiley.gif

• By: Kate
    • On: 23 March 2009 at 9:48am
    Hi there,
    My husband has booked a surprise visit to Thassos town at the beginning of May, we have been to Thassos before back in 1995 and stayed in Golden Beach, we went in August and the weather was wonderful. Could anyone tell me what the weather would be like in May? Also, where the best places are to eat and maybe places to visit whilst we are there, many thanks in advance.smilies/grin.gif

• By: Angie
    • On: 14 April 2009 at 11:42am
    Hi Angie

Thassos during the spring is amazing. It is the greenest time of the year and has a lot to offer. There aren't crowds of people in the streets or on the beaches, and you can get really good prices for accommodations at hotels. The weather is fantastic but still unpredictable. May offers lots of sunshine but it could also bring clouds and rain at times. The temperatures are comfortable all day and are perfect for exploring archaeological sites, mountain trails, etc. In June, July and August it tends to get too hot to be out all day doing those activities, but May is the perfect time. Read this for some more information about what to expect in May:

Thassos in May

There are dozens of lovely places to eat in Thassos Town. The beautiful thing about that is you can try a new place every evening and have a completely unique experience.

There are countless places to visit and see, but one I definitely recommend is taking the short hike up to the ancient amphitheatre and acropolis. Wonderful views can be seen from up there.

• By: Sammi
    • On: 17 April 2009 at 2:34am
    thrilled to find this site. hopefully it will put thassos where it belongs. at the top of the islands. visited in 1994 fell in love with thassos. for the years 1995/6/7/8 tried to book thassos through numerous travel agents. always the same result. Accomadation available but NO flights. gave up in the end and have visited numerous greek islands. this year hurray. will be in thassos in june. sooooooooo excited. look forward to staying at the aberdeen.l feel like l know carol already and look forward to tasting her soups. l feel the tour operators and airlines target countries and areas making it difficult to get to places. now l`m internet savvi they`ll be no holding me back. well once l learn about ferry transfers to thassos? thassos town is my favourite place, the people are so hardworking and so helpful and friendly they should be proud of themselves. the relaxed atmosphere is what holidays are about.

• By: dolly
    • On: 23 April 2009 at 8:05pm
    We stayed in Thassos Town last year and it is a fantastic place. We loved the walk up to the ampitheatre and sitting in the old harbour watching the world go by. Our favorate Restaurant by far was the Thassian by the water taxi. Their food is to die for and they are lovely people. Our favorite bar was in the old harbour. If you need a good chemist the one in the square is great. The man is very helpfull.

We will Definately be back!!!!

• By: Kirsty Makin
    • On: 25 April 2009 at 4:11am
    Hi everyone

We have been to Thassos twice a yr for the last 6 yrs and love it! eventually going to move out there.
    We always stay in Thassos Town, a few times at Villa Lena, which was really nice. Lena and her husband are very friendly but now Excel have gone bust, cannot stay there so we are staying at Aberdeen Studios in May and at Elia Apartments in July. Cant wait to get out there again, it feels like home to us!
    We eat at Cheers for breakfast, really lovely food and Pete and make you feel very welcolme, then at the Thassian for lunch and dinner in the evening, Kat and Rigas are both great! Simis is good for seafood and our fave bar is Bar Eden where Liz and Nigel serve a good cold Mythos !! and also music and food good too, must try it,counting the days now smilies/cheesy.gif

• By: Bev and John
    • On: 28 April 2009 at 3:17pm
    Our first time in Greece was in 2008 when we went to Thassos and spent two weeks in Limenas (traveled and visited several other places throughout the island). An unforgettable experience that WE WILL REPEAT in 2010; this time the plan is to stay in the island for ONE MONTH. Met some friendly locals, and now I understand why so many people like to return year after year to such an idyllic place.

• By: SAIR
    • On: 7 May 2009 at 8:04am
    I have never been in Thassos before.. We have been in many other Islands in Greece. This year our holiday will be at Thassos. To all of you which have been there before smilies/wink.gif. Is this a place to stay for three weeks without getting boored? We do like the beach, the sun and the slow way of living but.. I`am a restless person and love to travel around, maybe there are lovely places to visit also on the mainland? Where too eat? We stay at Limenas. Thank you :-)

• By: Hege
    • On: 10 May 2009 at 1:27pm
    Hey people are there some Clubs at Limenas..I am coming there with school at 27.7.09.,and I want to know something about "night life"..If someone have some experience,please,write some comments..

• By: Branko
    • On: 26 May 2009 at 4:21pm
    I first worked in Limenas in 1984 when I was a rep for Young Worldsmilies/grin.gifsmilies/grin.gif
    25 years later I still love the place and visit as often as I can.
    The standard of Taverna is very high and I can recommend the followingsmilies/sad.gifin no particular order)
    Pigi, Takis, Moyses, Mouragio, Symi to name but a few.
    Favourite bars are Bar Brazil, Platea, Atlas, Remezzo, Cheers, Karnaggio. (still miss the Full Moon and Anonymous)
    Great Place see you again in August!!

• By: Alan
    • On: 18 May 2009 at 7:02am
    Hi Branko smilies/smiley.gif I was in Thassos last summer.. and I visited club in Limenas JUST IN TIME. It was good there. But I think there are more night clubs in Limenas. Have a good time there byee smilies/cool.gif

• By: Kaca
    • On: 27 May 2009 at 4:37am
    I love the Grand bar next to The Zodiac restaurant. Davidoff and Cheers. I miss HAlf Moon and Annonymous.I also like Rumours but it has been closed each time I have been there. Does anyone know if it is still a working bar? I also miss Disco Thea and Disco Romantica. I am not fond of The Brazil bar or Just in Time. The beach bar on Pachis beach is lovely but because of the lack of transport has to close at 10pm because no one can get there. Bring some decent transport to Thassos.

• By: gardenia
    • On: 18 June 2009 at 3:10am
    Our first vist to greece and we decided to go to thassos on a friends recommendation and what a lovey experience it was .We flew to kavalla and transfered to komonti to board the ferry for a thirty minute crossing,we arrived at the hotel pegasus Mmm small and friendly Yah!!(they probably spoke six sentences to us in the whole week we were there !!)Hey no hard feelings the rooms were clean and tidy towels and bed linen were changed daily dont expect haerty breakfast at the hotel as this consists of bread, cheese and yoghurt which becomes a little repetative after a few mornings,so my wife and i ventured along the sea front to the cheers bar ironically the 1st bar we came across the 1st evening of our holiday.Pete makes a smashing breakfast and is very helpful and friendly he advised us on where and where not to eat and drink and does a lovely refreshing mythos in an ice cold glass!which is just what you need to start the evening off!We ate at the thassian restaurant twice which was nice simis a fish restaurant overlooking the harbour which was also nice and zorbas which was the pick of the crop!We also hired a car and went around the island which is a must if you wish to see all the beautiful scenery and beaches.All in all we had a lovely week in thassos and will probably return in a few years time providing it remains unspoilt

• By: Andy and Di
    • On: 16 July 2009 at 4:27pm
    Hi Veny, Thassos Town compared to Potos and Limenaria combined are about the same in the amount of night life offered. Thassos Town has:

-1 club in town called "Just in Time"
    -1 club just outside town called "Arkouda"
    -1 bouzouki (Greek club with live music) called Romantica
    -Countless bars and cafes throughout the town and along the water front

The cafes and bars are open until late, 1am-2am normally depending on business. The night clubs are open till much later, normally till around 5-6am, how ever long it takes for the last group of people to leave.

I've written a bit about what Potos has to offer here:

Potos Nightlife

• On: 17 August 2009 at 10:22am
    does anybody knows if night life is better in town or Potos and Limenaria? i will visit thassos in early sept and i would like to stay close to the place that has bars and nightlife.Where do the locals around 30 go for a drink in thasso?

• By: veny
    • On: 17 August 2009 at 9:05am
    Have not long got back from Thassos. We would recommend it to anyone!! This was my second visit this year and my 7th in total. We always stay in Thassos Town and usually at the Finikis Studios. They are lovely and clean and the owners Vaso and Nikos are very friendly. We find the best places in the town are Cheers Bar for breakfast ran by Peter and Ian and we usually go to The Twins or Zodiac for tea. Also we would recommend Rumours cocktails and Wandas wild one is very nice!! We also ate at the Thassian a couple of times and really enjoyed the food but the annoying man on the taverner next door called Douckas put us off walking past!!
    Whilst we were there this year we got married at the town hall and it was amazing. Everyone was so friendly and accommodating and all 24 of us had a fantastic meal at Zodiac afterwards.

As for the Island i must admit we haven't really explored it like we shud have over the years. We usually get the water taxi to golden beach which is an amazing beach.

• By: Rebecca Wyatt
    • On: 17 August 2009 at 10:48am
    This is for Alan!

My first real holiday was when I was 18 and I went to Thassos with Young World! I went again a couple of years later. I loved it! There wasn't an airport nearby then so we landed in Athens and then had a long coach ride (we had to stop off at 3 in the morning for chicken and chips!)We the got the ferry from Kavala, When we got off the ferry, we were herded in to the Just in Time at about 9 in the morning to be allocated to our accommodation, mine was a house called Olympus (is it still there I often wonder). I bet it has changed a bit since my time, but hopefully not too much. I had so much fun, what happened to Young World???

I would love to go back sometime as I had a brilliant time on both occasions!

• By: Sarah
    • On: 24 August 2009 at 10:49am
    Does anyone know the name of the ice cream shop in Limenas,they sell only icecreams and beautiful cakes,it is on marina....?

• By: matija obradovic
    • On: 28 September 2009 at 9:45am
    The ice cream store is called Dodoni. ( Δωδώνη )

• On: 28 September 2009 at 10:13am
    Can anyone give me information regarding Peter & Jane Collison who owned the "Cheers Bar" in Thassos town/Limenas.I have reason to believe that peter has died recently.

• By: J. Evans
    • On: 17 January 2010 at 5:01pm
    Sadly, Peter passed away due to a heart attack about 2 weeks ago.

• On: 18 January 2010 at 5:45am