Visiting Thassos for the first time.

Home Traveling to Thassos

Visiting Thassos for the first time.

Hi all,
I know it has been answered in some posts in the past but I am still getting confused with some of the answers. So, we (2 people) are arriving at the Kavala airport in the middle of August (9th of August) and we want to take the ferry to visit Thassos until the 13th where similarly, we want to return to the Kavala airport. I have seen that transportation in the Kavala airport is non-existant. So, I am wondering, what is the cheapest way to get ourselves from the Kavala airport to Thassos and from there back to the Kavala airport?

Finally, I have seen posts about car rentals, but are there any options about bike rentals in the Limenas area? I have found a few online, but I have not received any answer from the offices I contacted.

Thank you very much in advance,
Dim

Comments

• DelboyDelboy Member (+) Posts: 359
    edited June 2019
    Hi Dim,

Most people would just get a taxi from the airport to Keramoti costing 20€s or thereabouts. From Keramoti docks you get the ferry across to Thassos Town costing 4€s pp each way.
    Bikes you would just go and ask for one in the hire shop but not sure of the locations
  • NoldorNoldor Member Posts: 3
    Hi Delboy,
    Thank you very much for your response. Do I have to book a taxi beforehands or there is a sort of taxi rank at the airport?

Thanks
    I have not used one but there will be a taxi rank at the airport
  • NoldorNoldor Member Posts: 3
    Thank you very much for your reply again!
    edited June 2019
    you're welcome, if you have a quick look at the 2014 review (trip report) on day one, there is a photograph of the taxis just outside of the airport taken from our coach.

In tourist reviews section on here