Live Webcam at Golden Beach, Thassos - Page 125

Live Webcam at Golden Beach, Thassos

1119120121122123125»

Comments

• Wendy FlemingWendy Fleming Posts: 75Member (+)
    Hi we have traveled to Kavala via Thessalonika, I found it much cheaper and didn't mind the journey. The motor way is very quiet. Only problem is no one wants to drive.
  • DelboyDelboy Posts: 280Member (+)
    Hi Wendy that is where the hoteliers seem to be missing a trick in not running a coach down from Thessalonika and back on a weekend. Not sure of the cost but a travel ticket included for each of 50 passengers would bring more revenue to the island. Which if successful could expand.
    People doing it independently would be paying the hotelier far more than what any package companies pay them
  • Leanne1976Leanne1976 Posts: 94Member
    I agree del, and much less stressful !
    Maybe now thomas cook aren’t flying they might consider it. However I think they will still do ok for tourists with other Europeans so might not bother.
  • DelboyDelboy Posts: 280Member (+)
    IMO the Island needs to think outside the box to open it up to the Western side but if they are happy with the situation then it won't change. Tavernas would also benefit from more people eating out. Not sure if the Germans get better flights into Kavala than we do
  • Wendy FlemingWendy Fleming Posts: 75Member (+)
    It's such a shame, we stay independently but its too expensive with TUI. I hope in the future another company will fly there. We have been going to Thassos since the 90's and i'm really upset to think we won't be going next year.
  • Leanne1976Leanne1976 Posts: 94Member
    Wendy I’ve been like a kid whose had her toys taken away since I found out 😞