Live Webcam at Golden Beach, Thassos

Comments

• Options
    DelboyDelboy Member (+) Posts: 359
    Hi Cooperkids,
    That's good, glad it worked out and have a super time in Golden Beach
  • Options
    jackspratjacksprat Member (+) Posts: 5
    Hi Delboy I am wondering if you have been to Limenaria and if so what do you think about it.
  • Options
    Hi Jack,

I haven't been to Limenaria, so can't comment on it, unfortunately I don't drive abroad, so only really I only get to places within walking distance of Golden beach. Other than that, I have only used the bus to Thassos Town. Hopefully someone else will be able to answer your question
  • Options
    SueSue Member (+) Posts: 35
    Limenaria is lovely. The beach is only small but if you eat at one of the many tavernas along the front you get a free sunbed. There are lots of little beach shops.
  • Options
    thassosfanthassosfan Member (+) Posts: 1
    We have been going to Limenaria for years now and can really recommend it. While the beach near Limenaria harbour is not very big it continues out of town and is actually very long indeed- about a mile to the end. It gets much quieter and more beautiful the further along the beach you go and there are some lovely places to eat such as The Blue View (where we usually stay) and Stelakis which is almost at the far end of the beach. The beach, which is a mix of sand and pebbles, gently shelves into the clear green/blue sea and swimming in it is wonderful.
    The town is delightful and has charming shops and tavernas and real character, and great for strolling round after dinner. A real treat is to walk over the hill (takes about 10 minutes) that the Palataki stands on, down to Metalia Beach which is fabulous and has a really chilled out beach bar.

• Options
    vernodvernod Member (+) Posts: 4
    Hi to all Thassians no matter what their country of origin is, Thassos is a place for all to enjoy. To help Jacksprat, Limenaria is a wonderful place with lots of lovely hotels and bars the beach is pebbly but all the sunbeds are gratis, its a working town so has much more to offer than other resorts on this very special island. We found it first on an Airtours package in 1994 where we stayed at Tripiti since then we go twice a year alternating between resorts This year on week 1 we were upgraded to the Alexandra Golden Thassos Boutique Hotel absolutely FAB. Later in Sept we are flying to Thessaloniki staying on the mainland and then on to the Garden Hotel in Limenaria with Panos and a few nights with Stefanos in Golden Beach, meeting for our annual get together with the gang from 1994 - all ten of us. So everyone enjoy our island.Efharisto Vernod
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the comments on Limenaria, Vernod we are also flying into Thessaloniki in September with Easyjet and hiring a car, can't wait, maybe we will see you at the Garden Hotel. Yamas.
  • Options
    What a coincidence jackspratt we will be there from 19 Sept. When you get to the Garden Hotel ask for Panos he's the owner I will let him have details of our whereabouts,in the mornings we will be sunning ourselves on the beach outside Sunray. This is also a very nice Hotel and Maria will give you a great welcome. Looking forward to meeting you, maybe you could join our shindig at Golden Beach on the 22.Yassoo Vernod.
  • Options
    That sounds great Vernod we will be there then, look forward to seeing you there.
  • Options
    vanyazagarovavanyazagarova Member (+) Posts: 29
    Hello guys, dis you know something about ferry schedule?I mean, did the ferry work normally? Thank you
  • Options
    AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 821
    Hi Vanya,

Yes, the ferry boats are running normally. :)

If something changes, we'll let you know on our status page.

Click here to go there:
    http://www.go-thassos.gr/status
  • Options
    vanyazagarovavanyazagarova Member (+) Posts: 29
    Thank you very much, Augie
  • Options
    ToneTone Member (+) Posts: 65
    edited July 2015
    Just got back from another glorious 2 weeks - weather perfect the whole time . Despite the financial turmoil nothing has changed - prices are the same everywhere - we took euros but the ATM's apparently still had money with no limit for tourists .Conrad still there at Speedy Cars and supplied us with a Citreon C1 so we could get get around easily without having to climb that infamous hill ! Ferries ran on time even when chaos reigned with how many cars and coaches needed to get on - IOW ferries should take note !!

Food as always superb at all our favourite tavernas - recognised many returnees wandering about as no doubt they recognised us - not surprising with me as I'm outlandishly tall !!

Must say hello to Malcolm and Sue who we met at Korali - they own a piece of land in Potamia and have brought their Camper over and will stay until September living the " dream " - Sue says she views this website everyday :)

Had an uneventful flight back until we landed at Gatwick - I reckon we came in a bit too fast - we hit the ground with an enormous bang :( tension broken by the cabin crew saying " well ladies and gentlemen I do believe we've landed ! " I mention this as I don't like flying !!!!!!!!!!!

We will return again next year as always - for those of you still to go have a lovely time :)
  • Options
    Thanks for the update Tone, looks like the good weather has set in now
  • Options
    VintageVivVintageViv Member (+) Posts: 50
    That's it. I've had my Thassos morning fix, now I get on with the day and start some work! Looks lovely today, wish I was there, but there again love it in early season!
  • Options
    Thassos, Kavala, Greece (KVA) 18:55
    Manchester (MAN) 20:40
    Non-stop
    Thomas Cook Airlines
    Details
    Lowest Fare was £47.99
    Now £37.99
    Only 4 seats left at this price
  • Options
    Offer was for May 2016 and has gone already! If you click on Thomas Cook Airlines and type in your flight out and flight return requirements you will start to receive their best offers within minutes!
  • Options
    tonitoni Member (+) Posts: 108
    2 days to go until we come to skala potamia
    getting excited now
    its been a long year waiting
  • Options
    grandma56grandma56 Member (+) Posts: 48
    We wish all a good August, Kalo Mina!
    We will be there tomorrow...
  • Options
    Anybody flying out from Gatwick to Kavala with Thomson 4320 tomorrow 5/8/2015, please note, I have heard via another forum that the flight is now leaving at 7.00am and not 7.50am due to a Greek air traffic control strike which may take place tomorrow afternoon. I would guess that the flight returning home may leave earlier but obviously clients will be told of any changes
  • Options
    BluehorizonsBluehorizons Member (+) Posts: 3
    I am travelling to Thassos at the end of August with my beautiful partner , and this is our first visit.
    We are staying at The blue dream palace, has anyone stayed there. also car hire is it worth it and where is the best place to get it.
  • Options
    HughesyHughesy Member (+) Posts: 4
    We are heading back out to Thassos in 2 weeks time. Does anybody know if when your hiring a car, whether they are still accepting your diving license or do you need the 'check code' from the DVLA?
  • Options
    juliebjulieb Member (+) Posts: 26
    Hi Hughesy
    We were back again in June and did not need the check code. They just accepted our driving licences
    Julie
  • Options
    Blue Horizons Hi,Blue Dream Palace is in a great location about 3km from Limenaria in Trypiti a bay with fantastic beach. Car hire is well worth considering and I suggest Speedy car hire in Limenaria we have been using them since 1994 give Panos my regards. Vernod
  • Options
    BluehorizonsBluehorizons Member (+) Posts: 3
    Hi Vernod
    will do as you suggest and contact Panos at Speedy car hire. Thanks for the information and I am glad we have picked a good beach . will certainly give Panos your regards.