Live Webcam at Golden Beach, Thassos - Page 100

Home Go-Thassos Comments
Options

Live Webcam at Golden Beach, Thassos

Comments

• Options
    SueSue Member (+) Posts: 35
    Looking good today Golden Beach. Two weeks today and we'll be there . On countdown now.
  • Options
    DelboyDelboy Member (+) Posts: 359
    just got back today Sue, yes it was warm waiting for the bus and ferry.

Hi Cooperkids
    the Anastasia as in day 1 of last years trip report with some pics of it.
  • Options
    vanyazagarovavanyazagarova Member (+) Posts: 29
    Hi guys, I have a question about sea temperature in Golden beach. Do you know what is the sea temperature? Because I can't find any information about that. I saw only the weather in the end of July, and I think it's too low, around 27 degrees. ...and I want to be hooottttt. .....Please, tell me if you find any information about sea temperature in Golden beach. ....Thanks guys
  • Options
    Sandra MilesSandra Miles Member (+) Posts: 51
    Hi Vanyazagarova, I was there a week ago and whilst I cannot say what the sea temperature is, it was not cold, and in the afternoons its was really warm. I dont think you will have a problem, apart from when it rained I was swimming and lazing on my lilo every day.:)
  • Options
  • Options
    Burcu Gizem GulBurcu Gizem Gul Member (+) Posts: 1
    I am worry about using our credit carda on restaurants and etc.. Has anyone help me about validation of credit cards instead of cash at beaches restaurant and etc..
  • Options
    cooperkidscooperkids Member (+) Posts: 75
    They are advising to take cash.
  • Options
    Thanks guys! Yes, if anyone is in Thassos right now, let us know about credit cards. ....or we have to bring only cash. ....I hope that this crisis would not faile my vacation. ....I really hope!
  • Options
    AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 820
    edited July 2015
    Hi Vanya and Burcu,

At the moment it's best to have cash. Many businesses have stopped accepting credit cards because the banks are closed and therefore they wouldn't have access to those funds to restock and pay wages. When the banks re-open I suspect that the businesses will begin to accept credit cards again.

We'll keep you up-to-date here: http://www.go-thassos.gr/status
  • Options
    Augie, thank you! I hope everything will be O.K. A lot of my friends canceld they're vacation , because of the crisis in Greece.....
  • Options
    We went to thassos for first time in june and are hoping to go back in September just a bit nervous about booking !
  • Options
    AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 820
    Vanya, you're very welcome! Please tell your friends to not be afraid and reconsider coming to Thassos for a wonderful holiday. :)

Cooperkids, I'm really glad to hear you want to come back so soon... it seems the island's charm worked on you especially well! Being a bit nervous to book for September is understandable because I hear the things that are being said in the media around the world (UK, Germany, Romania, etc.) The reality here on Thassos is quite the opposite and I expect conditions will remain perfect for a holiday regardless of what happens. We're a world away from Athens and aside from the banks being shut and the importance of having cash, you won't notice anything else out of the ordinary.
  • Options
    Augie,I love absolutely everything in Greece, absolutely! Me and my family spend our vacation , not only in the summer months, every year. ....last 10 years! So, for us is not problem this circumstances, this crisis in Greece. ....so I really hope that everything will be O.K. and can't wait to be on the beach after 15 days in Thassos. ....
  • Options
    Thanks for that augie - almost certain we'll be there. We really enjoyed our stay and will try golden beach this time. We were in scala rachoni which was lovely.
  • Options
    We've booked - returning 6th September can't wait
  • Options
    Only 13 days and I will be on the beach. .....
  • Options
    Hope you have a good holiday vanya
  • Options
    i've added a trip report from the last two weeks in the reviews section
  • Options
    Yeah, thank you Delboy.
  • Options
    Thank you cooperkids
  • Options
    HughesyHughesy Member (+) Posts: 4
    Thanks Delboy, another great informative holiday report with lots of lovely pictures. Can't wait for 6 weeks tomorrow when we shall be arriving in Thassos, hopefully Greece will have sorted it's problems out by then!!!
  • Options
    Just a quick question for Augie. We've booked for September for Smaro. Can't seem to find an email address just wanted to confirm room allocation. Booked online through Thomson but didn't give any request options. Are you aware of any contact details ? Thanks in advance xx
  • Options

Hi Cooperkids

The owner is Dr Avtzakis and his email is
    avtzakis@gmail.com

I spoke to him on behalf of someone else whilst on holiday
  • Options
    Thanks delboy you are the font of all knowledge lol xx
  • Options
    Hi Delboy

sent email this morning got a reply almost straight away ! Just puts mind at rest. Once again thank you.

regards

cooperkids