travel from Thessaloniki airport to Thassos in September

Home Traveling to Thassos

travel from Thessaloniki airport to Thassos in September

My boyfriend and I are planning a trip to Thassos this September (from the 7th to the 17th). I've read some discussions on this topic but I still have a question regarding the transportation from Thessaloniki airport. From my findings, there are 3 ways to get from Thessaloniki airport to Thassos:
1. car hire - ends up to be very expensive due to the fact that we would need it only for 1 way so the pickup and drop-off locations are different;
2. taxi - I received a taxi quote of 150euro for one way, which is almost as expensive as the car hire;
3. bus - from what I read this is the cheapest option, however I could not find a bus schedule - could you please let me know where I could find the bus schedule?

Our travel timings are as follows - are these considered off-season?
- arrival at Thessaloniki - September 7, 2pm
- departure from Thessaloniki - September 17, 3pm

Thanks!

Comments

• AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 819
    Hi Baniroc,

I hope you and your boyfriend have a wonderful time on our beautiful island! I'm sure you will! :)

You can find the bus schedule for Thessaloniki to Kavala here. Scroll down until you see "Take a Bus". In this section there is a link to the bus times, prices, bus station phone numbers, etc.

Your travel times are considered to be in the Low Season but not the Off Season. In September the sea is very warm, the shops are still open, the prices are lower, and the weather is very good. Plus you might be able to find small, empty beaches for you and your boyfriend to share privately, which is very unlikely to do during July and August, which is the High Season.

You chose a great time to visit Thassos!