Golden Beach - best place for families with children

Home Places on Thassos

Golden Beach - best place for families with children

Hello!
I would be very grateful to the people that are familiar with Golden Beach if they could clarify my next two questions:
1) Where is best to stay on Golden Beach for a family with small children: Chrisi Ammoudia, Skala Panagia, Skala Potamia or Chrisi Akti?
2) Where is the most beautiful part of Golden Beach: in Chrisi Ammoudia, Skala Panagia, Skala Potamia or Chrisi Akti?
Thank you very much!
Cristina

Comments

• AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 818
    Hi Cristina,

I'm familiar with Golden Beach and am delighted to answer your questions.

1) First, a quick lesson. :wink:

Skala Potamia is the resort next to the beach Chrisi Akti, or "Golden Coast" in English.

Skala Panagia is the resort next to Chrisi Ammoudia, or "Golden Sand" in English. This is the place commonly known as "Golden Beach".

Skala Potamia and Skala Panagia are two resorts that are practically next to each other. They share the same coastline and it only takes about 20 minutes to walk from one to the other.

They are both great for children. The water is very shallow at both sides of the bay. Skala Panagia offers water sports while Skala Potamia offers an arcade and a playground.

My suggestion to you is this. Don't stress too much about picking between the two. They are so close to each other that many people consider them to be the same place. Remember, it only takes about 20 minutes to WALK from one to the other and less than 5 minutes to drive.

2) That's totally a matter of opinion. I love them both because they offer unique views of the green mountains and blue sea. It's an absolutely breath-taking area, overall.

I hope my 2 cents helped. :blush: