This place is good for the soul...

Home Go-Thassos Comments

This place is good for the soul...

kavalaboykavalaboy Member Posts: 1
edited November 2016 in Go-Thassos Comments
My name is Fotis Hois, I was born across the water in Kavala, now living in Canada since the early 80's.
Growing up in Kavala was the best thing I could've asked for, the main reason being this, magical island of Thassos, which was a must in the summer... "how many times have you been to the island this year?" we would ask each other when we were kids! We would beg our parents for the trip to wonderland, and later, when we finally got our first motorcycles we would just go and stay as long as possible, getting the occasional waiting jobs at the taverns, sleeping on the beach, driving around the island again and again simply for the joy of driving in the open air through paradise. We would stop at the then deserted Golden Beach and pitch our tents and just be, completely taken over by the water and the pine and the sand, surrendering our souls to this mesmerizing siren of an island.
Fourty years later I have been back a number of times, and the feeling remains the same as it was then... how can it not be when this land is ever a part of me, embedded in my mind and in my heart.
So... yes! Go to Thassos, but remember this word of warning: You may be addicted for life!

Comments

• AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 818
    So true! Be warned, this addiction comes with benefits including stress relief, inspiration, and euphoria ... just to name a few. ;)