transportation for a family of 5 from Thessaloniki Airport to Potos

Home Traveling to Thassos

transportation for a family of 5 from Thessaloniki Airport to Potos

agatagragatagr Member (+) Posts: 1
Hi,

I desperately need your help regarding the transportation of our family for our summer holidays :)

We are coming to Thessaloniki Airport on 20th of July - what is the cheapest& the fastest way to get to Potos? there are 5 of us ( 3 kids).

Then we need a transportation back and I am really worried cause our flight is early morning - around 10. am. so maybe we will need to get to Thessaloniki a day before.

I would really appreciate your help as Potos car rental doesn't have any cars for us and it's over 500 euro to get the car for 1 day (!!!) from Europe car. I really prefer spending 500 euro being on the island than paying for the transportation ;))))

I would really appreciate your help!!
many thanks in advance and I am looking foward our lovely holiday :))

Agata

Comments

• AugieAugie Administrator Posts: 818
    edited June 2015
    Hi Agata,

The cheapest way is by bus. A bus leaves every hour from Thessaloniki bus station to Kavala bus station. (the express bus is 30 minutes faster, same price). One ticket costs 15 EUR, so for 5 people it will be 75 EUR.

In order to take the bus you must first get to the bus station from the airport. You can either take 2 taxis (legally, every taxi can accept up to 4 passengers for safety reasons) or take the city bus from the airport to the bus station. The city bus ticket price is about 2 EUR, so for 5 people it will be 10 EUR. I don't know what the price for a taxi is now, I would guess around 15-20 EUR per taxi.

Once you arrive in Kavala, you can walk to the ferry port (10 minute walk from the bus station) and catch the next ferry to Skala Prinos, Thassos. Be sure to check the bus and ferry times in advance so you know what to expect.

Alternatively, Triantafillos Taxi service can pick you up at the airport in Thessaloniki and drop you off right at the ferry port of your choice, Keramoti or Kavala. You can email them for a quote to see what it will cost and surely it will be nowhere near 500 EUR!! :)

Here's the link:
    http://www.go-thassos.gr/visiting-thassos/transportation/triantafillos-taxi-keramoti-port

Because you have a morning return flight, I highly recommend going to Thessaloniki the evening before and sleeping at a hotel near the airport. I often stay at the Ambassador Hotel... good value for money and just a 10 minute drive from the airport (they offer a shuttle too).

Here's the link:
    http://www.ambassador.gr/

Did this information help?