Paradise beach.

Home Places on Thassos

Paradise beach.

JANNCOXJANNCOX Member (+) Posts: 7
Would love to visit this place, I believe the round the island bus stops on the road above. Can anyone tell me if it is a very long walk to the beach from the bus, also is it a steep walk back. Thanks fo any info on this. JANNCOX. :-h

Comments

• AlfredtheGreatAlfredtheGreat Member (+) Posts: 5
    Hi, we just got back from Thassos and went to Paradise Beach nearly every day. The bus-stop is just above the beach. The walk down is about five minutes. The track is ok, a bit outwashed in places, but cars are going down, so not too bad. The walk up again is a bit strenuous but after a day on the beach not too bad at all. And the beach is absolutely brillant, on weekdays very quiet with a taverna at the far end and a kiosk at the end at the track coming down from the bus-stop. If you stay at that end, the sun-beds and umbrellas are chepaer by 2 €. Have a great time.
  • shirlthegirlshirlthegirl Member (+) Posts: 24
    Hi, if we were to get the bus to Paradise beach, how would we know where to get off. I'm assuming the driver wouldn't announce that we're at Paradise beach.
    Thanks
  • AlfredtheGreatAlfredtheGreat Member (+) Posts: 5
    There are signs at the side of the road. The stop before is directly opposite the Loutrou Bungalows, so as you pass them, it's about 1,5 km to go. If you tell the driver where you want to go, he will stop there, but you can't miss it.
  • shirlthegirlshirlthegirl Member (+) Posts: 24
    Thanks Alfred the Great.